Location: Eastleigh Southampton
Salary: £20000 with an opportunity for this to increase to 22500 after probation
Plus, fantastic benefits
Hours of work:
Shifts are based on 4 days on 4 days off and are 12 hours (11 worked with 1 hour of breaks)
The first two days will be a shift pattern of 6am-6pm, followed by two days of 9am-9pm.
In addition, you will be expected to cover nights via a swing shift (7pm to 7am) when required.
Can accept Permanent and Temporary to Permanent candidates.
Dynamite recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well-established business based in the Southampton area
Our client provides specialist technical products and an outstanding service to support this
Due to developments plans our client is now looking to recruit 1st Line support / Technical Support /helpdesk executive to join the business
As 1st Line Support / Technical Support you will be responsible for assisting a variety of clients with all-round technical issues
Your key duties will include the following:
- Technical Support Analyst is the first point of contact for all calls. It is your responsibility to ensure that calls are answered within the KPIs.
- Issues are logged both by email and telephone, and B2B for all customers. You will need to follow the basic processes and diagnostics (1st fixes) to establish the exact problem on-site and where possible take call to resolution within agreed SLAs.
- You will be responsible for escalating issues according to the escalation process and ensuring the right people are aware of any issues that need attention.
- You will be expected to log & update all calls on the call management system. It is the Technical Support Analysts responsibility to ensure that the call management systems are up to date with all necessary relevant information.
- You are expected to provide software support using Remote Control/Access systems, following basic processes and diagnostics to establish the exact problem on site and implement fixes. This includes providing Technical support for both company engineers and third party engineers on site and escalating to 2nd Line when necessary.
- You will be expected to notify specific management and the Customer management teams via email using the agreed escalation procedure for all high-level issues, with regular updates when requested (or necessary) as per the procedure.
- You will ensure that all system alerts are dealt with in a proactive manner and will be expected to provide support to the Operations Team & Service Desk Administrator when necessary
- You will be required to assist with the implementation of new software, hardware releases and rollouts as part of a team, ensuring that procedures are followed, and installations double checked at all time.
The ideal candidate will
- Ideally have experience in 1st Line Support / Technical Support OR have a keen interest / have studied in IT and will have some customer support experience
- Have previous experience within customer services and technical knowledge
- Will have key Technical Skills
Will have the following competencies
- Oral and written communication skills
- NVQ1/GCSEs and above (or equivalent) in key competencies
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Problem analysis/problem solving
- Good Timekeeping
- Attention to detail
- Working in a very pressurized environment
- Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
- Computer Literate
- Quick learner
- Flexible and adaptable